Some Things Our Customers Say
“We had a large group of people visit this weekend. People who had never visited assumed the shed was original to the property; people who knew it was new were amazed that it ‘looks like it’s always been here!’ Good job!” – Randall L., Tampa, FL
“Love the cottage…can’t wait for my first guests. I bet it will always have visitors.” Judy G., Tampa, FL
“I live in a bungalow that was built in 1925. When I purchased the house, it had a funky old shed that totally creeped me out to enter. I am a gardener so I had to go in it often to access my supplies. Ick! I decided that I needed something nicer, so I started pricing pre-built sheds. They were expensive, not historic & UGLY. I had some plans drawn for a shed & got some prices for all the trades I would need- carpenter, roofer, painter- for a tiny shed! It all added up to too much plus, I had just completed the restoration of a 1907 Victorian & needed a rest. I called Historic Shed & was happily surprised at the price they quoted for everything! Because of their great reputation, I even let them pick the hardware & design the doors. I never let anybody choose for me but I was tired of making choices. I was thrilled with the doors & the wonderful hinges they brought. The best part was that it was installed in just over a day. I am sure that it would have been a month long project with all the trade co-ordinating that would have had to have been done to built it. I now have a shed that is the mini-me version of my beautiful bungalow. It holds everything I need & it is clean & fresh. I am looking forward to another season of gardening so I can visit it!” – Suzanne P., Tampa, FL
“I want to tell you again how very pleased we are with everything and how well the whole process worked. You are both great to work with and I hope we were okay for you. The garage is beautiful and I even had a note on my door the other night from someone saying ‘I want to see your garage! Call me…her phone # and name.’ Maybe you will get business from it. Feel free to send people by to see it.” – Linda A., St. Petersburg, FL
“After being turned down by other screen companies on the list, a friend suggested I call Historic Shed. Jo-Anne responded fast, measured my windows and even helped us decide on historic colors to paint our house (and the screens). The screens are beautiful and solid (much more sturdy than the flimsy aluminum ones we had) and Craig’s paint job adds a nice dash of accent color to the house. The screens are also easy to remove, a plus from the old ones. Based on the quality of the screens and the time it took for Craig to install them, I think the price was more than fair. These guys are good.” – Phil D., St. Petersburg, FL
“I just finished closing our downstairs windows – we went all morning with no A/C. Just love the screens! Thank you.” – Patricia C., Gainesville, FL
“Cris and I decided over two years ago to put an old style screen door on the front of the house. We contracted a carpenter in Brookville FL to make the door in the style of the 1930′s. Today, we had it installed. With spring-loaded hinges and door knob and lock, it looks almost original. The lower screen is reinforced so that our beasts can’t go through the screen. It even goes BANG!! Come and visit some time and go through the door.” – Stan M. (sent as an email to friends), DeLand, FL
“Just wanted you to know that we’re very pleased with the screen door. You do nice work! We appreciate the prompt service and the fact that you disposed of the old door for us, too.” – Bruce and Gayle W., Gainesville, FL
“They (carriage house doors) absolutely were a welcome sight…..I did not get home until three in the morning and after a long day of travel delays I was smiling ear to ear when I pulled into the driveway!!!! I am very impressed with the quality of the new doors and the hardware. I have gotten so many compliments from people walking by……I make sure to refer them all to your web site for more information.” – Randy H., Tampa, FL
“I can’t say enough good things about this company. They are very professional and knowledgeable. They will do exactly what they say they will do. The staff is good at following up and easy to communicate with. You really get your monies worth with this company. I would recommend this company to anyone and will continue to use them. They are our go to company if we need anything done outside.” – Nancy M., Tampa, FL
Read about Historic Shed in the News:
- Historic Shed Cottage Featured on Fox News Tampa Bay A Tampa Bay Fox 13 News segment on Home, Meet Your Mini-Me by reporter Jeremy Campbell featured a 14′x16′ cottage designed by Historic Shed.
- Historic Shed Receives Houzz’s 2013 ‘Best Of Houzz’ Award Historic Shed of Brooksville, FL has been awarded “Best Of Houzz” 2013 by Houzz, the leading online platform for residential remodeling and design. The Tampa Bay- area custom shed and cottage design-build company was chosen by the more than 11 million monthly users that comprise the Houzz community. The Houzz “Best Of Houzz” award for 2013 ...
- Historic Shed Cottage Featured on the Tiny House Blog We were pleasantly surprised to see our Historic Shed designed and built cottage featured this week on the popular Tiny House Blog website. Kent Griswold, who runs the site, was gracious enough to not only publish the web story about the cottage, but also the video showing its construction and our collection of installation photos. ...
- Historic Shed Featured in Florida Trend We were thrilled yesterday to see a Historic Shed photo highlighted on the Florida Trend Daily Pulse email that tells you “What You Need to Know About Florida Today”. The email links to an article entitled Form + Function in Cutting Edge Design. Historic Shed is included in the Reader’s Choice section on page 5 ...
- Historic Shed on Houzz A Historic Shed home office shed was featured on the fun design-inspiring website Houzz today (love when that happens – especially an out-of-the-blue article like this). The post is titled Complete Your Landscape with a Backyard Cottage: Charming Outbuildings Provide Storage, Workspace or a Quick Getaway and it shows many other great shed ideas from ...
Historic Shed Products
- Garden Sheds
- Cottages & Home Offices
- Small Storage
- Window Screens
- Screen Doors
- Other Products
Contact Historic Shed
1212 Ponce de Leon Boulevard
Brooksville, Florida 34601
Financing AvailableHistoric Shed is pleased to have partnered with Citizens State Bank to provide financing for our customers. You may download the application here or contact us for more information
We accept credit cards