Continuing the tradition of constructing artful accessory buildings in Florida
As Florida preservation professionals, we have always known that historic preservation is one of the most inherently “green” professions, recycling entire buildings in addition to providing a multitude of benefits to communities. Our products are created to help homeowners make the most of the inherently good, environmentally-conscious design found in most historic homes, making them more livable while maintaining historic character.
We design each Historic Shed™ outbuilding to look authentic using traditional materials and methods for construction that have stood the test of time. We select the most durable natural materials available to build our sheds, avoiding man-made substitutes that don’t have the true look or feel of real wood.
We build about 90%of your shed or outbuilding in our warehouse. This allows us to work more efficiently, have better control quality, minimize waste, and avoid weather delays. We are also able to significantly reduce travel time by working from a centralized location, allowing us to service a larger area of Florida than a typical local contractor. The benefits to you are less construction time spent at your site and a quality built building.
Historic Shed™ sheds feature the following:
- Pressure treated foundation with tie-downs set in concrete
- May be set on a concrete slab for an additional charge
- #2 southern yellow pine framing
- Pressure treated sill plate
- Hurricane clipped from foundation to roof
- Cypress or dense pine siding
- LP SmartSide lap siding also available
- Cypress trim
- Cypress bead board doors with heavy duty hinges
- Wood double hung windows
- Other styles available
- Primed two coats & painted to your color choice
Some typical details: